Our Classic Sussex Sparkling
2018 CLASSIC CUVÉE
Our third vintage of our Classic Sussex Sparkling is made from a blend of predominantly Pinot Noir with Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, aged for 30 months in the bottle.
At Rathfinny we believe every vintage produces Sussex Sparkling wine that is a true expression of the year. An insight into a unique year on our single site Vineyard in Sussex.
We believe our Sussex Sparkling is best experienced when accompanied by the finest food, whether in the world’s best restaurants or at home with friends and family.
Our Classic Cuvée is a versatile food-matcher. This vintage is perfectly paired with the fresh flavours of linguini with clams and fennel right through to duck prosciutto and ham hock terrine.
Rathfinny 2016 Classic Cuvée & Potato gnocchi, wild mushrooms, sage and pine nuts from our Flint Barns Dining Room restaurant
Rathfinny 2017 Classic Cuvée & Mille feuille of ceps, nettles from the Vineyard, pecorino, confit egg yolk from our Tasting Room
- Release Date.
- February 2022
- 50% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 15% Pinot Meunier
- Lees Ageing.
- 30 months
- Inoculated with commercial yeast, fermented in stainless steel tanks at 16°C
- Malolactic Fermentation
- Fining Agent
- Tasting Note.
- A buttermilk golden hue beckons in a nose of ginger-dusted white plums on cinnamon toast, a rich palate of white apricot and creme patissiere with nuances of preserved Meyer lemon on the finish.
- Food Match.
- A superbly versatile foil to the fresh flavours of linguini with clams and fennel right through to duck prosciutto and ham hock terrine.
- Often referred to as the vintage of the decade, 2018 was one of the warmest summers on record. A mini-heatwave developed from April onwards, bringing on early flowering and the dry weather promoted good fruit set. New temperature records were set in July and August and despite heavy rain in early September, the weather during harvest in October was very favourable and we picked very clean fruit with an ideal balance of sugars and acidity for our Sussex sparkling wines.
Sign up to our Newsletter
Essential Cookies are enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. These cookies do not collect any personal or sensitive information or IP addresses. Furthermore, the information they store is not sent to any 3rd parties.
This website uses third party cookies such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to collect anonymous information, for example the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages. Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Essential Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!