Our Classic Sussex Sparkling
2016 CLASSIC CUVÉE
Our first vintage of our Classic Sussex Sparkling is made from a blend of predominantly Pinot Noir with Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, aged for 36 months in the bottle.
At Rathfinny we believe every vintage produces Sussex Sparkling wine that is a true expression of the year. An insight into a unique year on our single site Vineyard in Sussex.
We believe our Sussex Sparkling is best experienced when accompanied by the finest food, whether in the world’s best restaurants or at home with friends and family.
Our Classic Cuvée is flexible and versatile with food, particularly enhancing the flavours of fish and chips, a grilled prawn linguini or a home-cooked chicken pie.
Rathfinny 2016 Classic Cuvée & Potato gnocchi, wild mushrooms, sage and pine nuts from our Flint Barns Dining Room restaurant
Rathfinny 2016 Classic Cuvée & South Coast battered haddock, triple cooked chips and peas from our Tasting Room Seafood Kitchen
- Release Date.
- May 2020
- 57% Pinot Noir, 22% Chardonnay, 21% Pinot Meunier
- Lees Ageing.
- 36 months
- Inoculated with commercial yeast, fermented in stainless steel tanks at 16°C
- Malolactic Fermentation
- Fining Agent
- Tasting Note.
- Radiant lemon in hue, with an expressive nose of fresh red orchard apples, a creamy tangerine mousse punctuated by toasty notes of almond brittle, and a honeydew melon finish.
- Food Match.
- Our classic sparkling gravitates towards the deep and earthy notes of truffle-infused arancini or a cep and onion tart, though meshes phenomenally with the comforting creaminess of a fish pie.
- Budburst was timely, though it was very wet prior to flowering which, as a result, was slightly later than usual. However, we had a successful fruit set, despite July and the early part of August coming in cooler than normal. The second half of August brightened up with some very warm days, with this dry weather continuing throughout September until the end of the season. We picked in the latter part of October.