Our Classic Sussex Sparkling
2016 CLASSIC CUVÉE
Our first vintage of our Classic Sussex Sparkling is made from a blend of predominantly Pinot Noir with Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, aged for 36 months in the bottle.
At Rathfinny we believe every vintage produces Sussex Sparkling wine that is a true expression of the year. An insight into a unique year on our single site Vineyard in Sussex.
We believe our Sussex Sparkling is best experienced when accompanied by the finest food, whether in the world’s best restaurants or at home with friends and family.
Our Classic Cuvée is flexible and versatile with food, particularly enhancing the flavours of fish and chips, a grilled prawn linguini or a home-cooked chicken pie.
Rathfinny 2016 Classic Cuvée & Potato gnocchi, wild mushrooms, sage and pine nuts from our Flint Barns Dining Room restaurant
Rathfinny 2016 Classic Cuvée & South Coast battered haddock, triple cooked chips and peas from our Tasting Room Seafood Kitchen
- Release Date.
- May 2021
- 65% Pinot Noir, 18% Chardonnay, 17% Pinot Meunier
- Lees Ageing.
- 36 months
- Inoculated with commercial yeast, fermented in stainless steel tanks at 16°C
- Malolactic Fermentation
- Fining Agent
- Tasting Note.
- Light ochre in colour with a vibrant nose of red heirloom apples and baby ginger, giving way to a rich mousse of Mirabelle plums and orange sherbet with a bright, pomelo finish.
- Food Match.
- This wine is a stunning accompaniment to the earthy herbaceous notes of tarragon and wild mushrooms or with the gamey flavours of venison carpaccio.
- 2017 sparkling wines are in relatively short supply due to a harmful late spring frost that impacted most of northern Europe that year. However, the south-facing aspect and proximity to the coast of Rathfinny’s vineyards protected us greatly. Following an early budburst, the grapes benefitted from a long ripening period and a phenomenal ‘Indian summer’. An unseasonably warm September produced fantastic ripe fruit, with great flavours, balanced acidity and sugar levels.
Essential Cookies are enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. These cookies do not collect any personal or sensitive information or IP addresses. Furthermore, the information they store is not sent to any 3rd parties.
This website uses third party cookies such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to collect anonymous information, for example the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages. Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Essential Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!