Application closing date: 17th May 2021
Location: Rathfinny Estate Winery, Alfriston, East Sussex
Rathfinny Wine Estate is looking to recruit an experienced Winemaker at a time of growth within the organisation. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in sparkling winemaking and will have managed both plant and personnel, together with the experience and ability to work with – and lead – a small winemaking team.
The Winemaker will be responsible for all wines and winemaking, ensuring the highest levels of quality is achieved, as well as the smooth running of the Estate’s winemaking process. The ideal candidate will have a proven winemaking ability, management experience within a winemaking facility, knowledge of HACCP and quality systems, together with the ability to work as part of a wider management structure.
Rathfinny prides itself on having an exceptional workforce across every area of the business, where there is a shared goal of producing world-class wine and experiences. The successful candidate will be expected to actively support all Rathfinny staff in this goal.
Rathfinny is committed to the values of B Corp where business balances purpose and profit. We are legally required to consider the impact of decisions on our workers, customers, suppliers, community and the environment. As an employee you will be asked to contribute to this process and have a positive social and environmental impact.
- Participates in demand planning with production, sales, marketing, and distribution.
- Plans winemaking, ensuring the winemaking team has enough time and resources to deliver products based on demand planning. Creates a detailed winemaking schedule based on strict deadlines and communicates any changes in the order or delivery date to relevant parties.
- Participates in vineyard assessment and works closely with the Vineyard Manager and Winery Manager to agree to the harvest program.
- Manages and actively participates in all winemaking operations including set-up, operation, cleaning and maintenance of:
– Press pad and grape processing
– Primary alcoholic fermentation and malolactic fermentation
– Blending, filtration and stabilisation
– Secondary fermentation of sparkling wine
– Laboratory analysis
- Monitors and provides decision making expertise in the production areas related to:
– Maturation and lees ageing
– Riddling, disgorging and dosage
Details about the role and key qualifications are outlined in the job description and position requirements linked below:
Submit your current curriculum vitae and covering letter addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Please ensure you outline your Right to Work in the UK or if visa sponsorship is required.
About Rathfinny Wine Estate
Rathfinny Wine Estate was established in 2010 with the express intention of producing some of the finest sparkling wine in the world.
Currently, 230 acres of vineyards are already planted out and on site there is a state-of-the art winery with production and storage facility; there is also an award-winning restaurant and a variety of accommodation. Rathfinny’s wine is sold throughout the UK and is also exported to Europe and Asia. Additionally, a small amount of still wine is still produced under the Cradle Valley label and the Seven Sisters range produces gin, brandy & vermouth.
Rathfinny is working towards a diverse environment and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.