Cellar Door Tour & Tasting Guide
Application closing date: 7th May 2021
Location: Rathfinny Wine Estate, Alfriston, East Sussex
Our Tour & Tasting guides are responsible for delivering our popular Vineyard and Winery tours as well as drop-in tastings at the Cellar Door. This role requires excellent time management and interpersonal skills to develop relationships with all guests who visit Rathfinny.
As a Tour & Tasting guide you are also responsible for wine and retail sales through the Cellar Door and fulfilling our online shop orders. Where necessary, you will be required to assist with bookings of our wine tourism and dining offers across the estate.
Rathfinny prides itself on having an exceptional workforce across every area of the business, where there is a shared goal of producing world-class wine and experiences. The successful candidate will be expected to actively support all Rathfinny staff in this goal.
- To deliver engaging and educational Vineyard Tours & Tastings (and drop-in tastings), whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- To educate all visitors about Rathfinny and the wider English wine industry.
- To sell our Sussex wines through the Cellar Door shop and fulfil e-commerce orders.
- When necessary, to assist the Customer Experience Manager and Guest Relations Manager by taking bookings for other wine tourism offerings on the estate including dining.
- To keep a clean, tidy work area including glassware for tastings.
- To the best of your ability, ensure all health and safety, security and emergency policies are adhered to.
- To have an excellent understanding of the operations around the production of our wines.
Details about the role and key qualifications are outlined in the job description and position requirements linked below:
Rathfinny is committed to the values of B Corp where business balances purpose and profit. We are legally required to consider the impact of decisions on our workers, customers, suppliers, community and the environment. As an employee you will be asked to contribute to this process and have a positive social and environmental impact.
Submit your current curriculum vitae and covering letter addressing the position requirements to email@example.com by the closing date.
Please ensure you outline your Right to Work in the UK.
ABOUT RATHFINNY WINE ESTATE
Rathfinny Wine Estate was established in 2010 with the express intention of producing some of the finest sparkling wine in the world.
Currently, 230 acres of vineyards are already planted out and on site there is a state-of-the art winery with production and storage facility; there is also an award-winning restaurant and a variety of accommodation. Rathfinny’s wine is sold throughout the UK and is also exported to Europe and Asia. Additionally, a small amount of still wine is still produced under the Cradle Valley label and the Seven Sisters range produces gin, brandy & vermouth.
Rathfinny is working towards a diverse environment and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.