We are currently recruiting Harvest Cellar Staff
We’re looking for motivated, efficient and attentive people to join the Winery team. As part of the team, you will be involved in various operations within our Winery. You will use your skills and knowledge while following our operating processes to complete tasks such as grape processing, racking, fermentation, lab work and hygiene in order to prepare and deliver exceptional Sussex Sparkling wine. You will work in a premium, modern and friendly work environment that provides good training, skills development and exceptional commitment to health, safety and well-being principles.
You would be expected to begin at the start of October and once harvest for approximately four to five weeks.
You will report into our Winemaking team.
- Fruit receival
- Press operation
- Cellar activities
- Fermentation management
- Laboratory work
- Record keeping
In order to be successful in this position, you will have:
- Previous experience working in a winery, specifically during Vintage (essential);
- Attention to detail and a high standard of quality;
- Physical fitness and stamina;
- A positive, proactive and confident approach under pressure;
- Good communication skills & teamwork skills;
- Mechanical aptitude and a strong commitment to health, safety & well-being;
- Right to work in the UK;
- Flexible schedule and an ability to work long hours and weekends.
Additionally, we are looking for candidates with:
- Forklift licenses;
- Tractor driving experience;
- Confined space entry qualifications;
- Laboratory skills and knowledge.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and covering letter that specifically addresses the position requirements and the Right to Work in the UK.
Rathfinny Wine Estate was established in 2010 with the express intention of producing some of the finest sparkling wine in the world. Our unique site in Sussex spans more than 230 acres of vineyard planted with Pinot noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Pinot Gris. We have an award winning, state-of-the art Winery, capable of producing, maturing and disgorging over 8000 hl of sparkling wine per annum. We also produce a small amount of still wine under the Cradle Valley label as well as our Seven Sisters range including a gin, brandy and vermouth which have all been made from our wine. In addition, Rathfinny Estate offers a full wine tourism package including a Cellar Door for shopping, tours and tastings, our Michelin Plate Tasting Room Restaurant located in the Winery and B&B accommodation in out historic Flint Barns.