We are driven by a sense of purpose in everything we do.
From producing world-class sparkling wines and leading innovation in the Sussex Wine industry, to giving back to our community and the land we occupy, everything is anchored in our philosophy and family values that combine kindness, fairness, leadership and excellence.
THE RATHFINNY MISSION
We are committed to the producing exceptional wines and experiences, enjoyed the world over, that reveal the character of our family Estate in Sussex, using methods that are kind to our land, people, community and wider environment.
From tours and events to world-wide stockist listings, we aim to raise awareness of the Sussex wine industry, as well as create new career opportunities for people in our local community and invest in educational research programmes/ facilities like the Rathfinny Research Lab at Plumpton College.
A trailblazing achievement led by Mark Driver and other Sussex winery partners; the Sussex PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) granted Sussex the first English county to be recognised for producing wines of the highest quality.
It is our ambition to be the trade’s favourite sparkling wine. By working collaboratively with our colleagues and distributors in the hospitality industry, we can reach new markets and share our Sussex Sparkling with the world.
The Rathfinny project is not just about making wine: we are committed to supporting the wider ambitions of the English wine industry and that means nurturing the skills it requires to fulfil its potential. Mark Driver, Rathfinny Co-owner
WHAT SETS US APART?
- Sustainability is at the core of our business – we treat our land and community with kindness. Balancing profit with purpose, we are legally required to consider the environmental and social impact of every decision we make.
- Family-run and owned business.
- One of the UK’s fastest growing English Sparkling Wine brands.
- Single-estate grower producer – 100% of our grapes we use are grown on our Sussex Vineyard.
- Leaders in UK wine tourism, with world-class hospitality offerings.
- Our premium sparkling wines are only sold within the On and Off-Trade sectors – we do not operate within the supermarkets.
- We are recognised as an innovator within the English Wine Industry.
In June 2022, Sussex had its ‘Champagne-moment’ with the approval of ‘Sussex’ as a protected name for high quality wine. It means that any wine labelled as a ‘Sussex’ wine has passed a stringent set of standards and independent tasting panel, giving consumers an invigorated confidence in their purchase.