The Rathfinny Mini
2020 Rathfinny Mini Cuvée, 50cl
The first of its kind to be made in the UK, our vintage 50cl Mini Cuvée promises to be a real collector’s item. We have produced just 800 limited edition bottles of our 2020 Rathfinny Mini Cuvée, individually numbered by hand. This sparkling is made from a blend of Pinot Noir, with Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier. The wines are currently ageing in the cellar and will be available in 2024.
Register your interest
Sign up to our newsletter to be in with a chance of winning the first ever Rathfinny Mini Cuvée.
2020 Mini Cuvée
Lemon in colour with hints of straw. A ripe nose of summer fruits, red apple, white flowers and candied lemon, leads to a soft and approachable palate showing sweet orange, flat nectarine, grapefruit and pumpkin spice. The finish is balanced with honeysuckle and blossom honey. Pair with gougères, Dover sole or chicken terrine.
When just a Glass or Two will do
50cl bottles are perfect for those occasions when you want to inject a spot of fun. Think picnics and theatre intervals – a lunch time tipple when you’re out with friends or when you get home from work and simply a glass or two will do.
The Perfect Pour for Four
Designed with intimate occasions in mind, the 50cl provides four glasses of sparkling wine. Now you can enjoy the finest Sussex Sparkling without fear of wastage or over compensating as you might with a standard bottle.
Traditional Method Vintage Wines
All Rathfinny Sussex Sparkling cuvées are low intervention, Traditional Method, vintage wines and our Mini is no different. All grapes are hand-harvested on our single-site, Sussex Vineyard and whole-bunch pressed. The wines are patiently matured on-lees, in bottle, to develop rich autolytic notes, and released with a low sugar content that emphasises the purity of our fruit.
The 50cl Rathfinny Mini Explained
- Rathfinny has long been a champion of this bottle size and has been campaigning since 2015 to legally sell a bottle in this format.
- The change of legislation simply removes an anomaly in which, unlike still wine, sparkling wine could not be sold in the UK in 50cl bottles.
- Many sparkling wine drinkers and professionals in the wine trade in the UK and abroad, consider the 50cl to be the perfect measure for two people to share at home, or in a restaurant or bar, because it’s the equivalent of four glasses as opposed to six glasses in a standard 75cl bottle.
- We laid down a limited quantity of eight hundred 50cl bottles from our 2020 vintage, called the Rathfinny ‘Mini Cuvée’, which should be available to purchase in 2024.
- Several well-known hotel groups have been keen to take the entire production off our hands for their rooms and restaurants. Demand has been so high that we are already making plans for a much bigger production from the 2023 vintage.
“How many times have you opened the fridge and thought, can we, should we, open a whole bottle? Or drank enough, but then felt the need to finish the bottle? Asks Sarah Driver, Rathfinny Co-Owner. “Whilst with a 50cl bottle it’s four glasses – the perfect sized bottle to share.”