Customer Experience Assistant Manager
Applications are now closed. Please visit our Careers page for the latest job opportunities.
Application closing date: 30th April 2021
Location: Rathfinny Wine Estate, Alfriston, East Sussex
The Customer Experience Assistant Manager is responsible for the management of the Cellar Door and Cellar Door team in the absence of the Customer Experience Manager.
This role requires you to deliver exceptional customer service in all areas of the customer experience of Rathfinny Wine Estate, mainly focussing on visitors to the Cellar Door shop, on Tours & Tastings as well as remotely via our e-commerce online shop facility.
This role will require you to work very closely with the Customer Experience Manager and other Wine Tourism Managers to assist in the continuous development of the Rathfinny Wine Tourism offering, by maintaining high levels of customer service, operational standards and creating unique vineyard experiences.
Rathfinny prides itself on having an exceptional workforce across every area of the business, where there is a shared goal of producing world-class wine and experiences. The successful candidate will be expected to actively support all Rathfinny staff in this goal.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To support the Customer Experience Manager with the day-to-day running of the Cellar Door (including retail, tours, tastings, e- commerce sales).
- To educate our guests in all aspects of Rathfinny as well as the wider English wine industry through tours, tastings and general visitors to the estate.
- To host our popular Tour & Tastings alongside our tour guides
- In the absence of the Customer Experience Manager, you will manage the day-to-day tour schedule, ensuring a smooth running of high-quality tours whilst supporting the team.
- To conduct drop-in tastings from the Cellar Door in a professional and timely manner whilst educating our customers about Rathfinny and the wider English wine industry.
- To assist the Customer Experience Manager & Guest Relations team with guest liaison to ensure the booking process for our guests is as smooth as possible – this could be via telephone, email or in person.
- To support the Customer Experience Manager by taking. responsibility for the fulfilment of our e-commerce shop, including stock management where necessary.
- To take responsibility for the fulfilment of Rathfinny gift vouchers.
- To assist the Customer Experience Manager in the management and development of the Cellar Door team.
- Ensure the Cellar Door is presented in line with our brand standards.
- To attend various meetings in the absence, or in addition to, the Customer Experience Manager.
- To assist, where necessary, the Customer Experience Manager with reporting and stock counting.
- Responsible for opening and locking up the Cellar Door and winery building in the absence of other managers.
Details about the role and key qualifications are outlined in the job description and position requirements linked below:
Rathfinny is committed to the values of B Corp where business balances purpose and profit. We are legally required to consider the impact of decisions on our workers, customers, suppliers, community and the environment. As an employee you will be asked to contribute to this process and have a positive social and environmental impact.
Submit your current curriculum vitae and covering letter addressing the position requirements to email@example.com by the closing date.
Please ensure you outline your Right to Work in the UK.
ABOUT RATHFINNY WINE ESTATE
Rathfinny Wine Estate was established in 2010 with the express intention of producing some of the finest sparkling wine in the world.
Currently, 230 acres of vineyards are already planted out and on site there is a state-of-the art winery with production and storage facility; there is also an award-winning restaurant and a variety of accommodation. Rathfinny’s wine is sold throughout the UK and is also exported to Europe and Asia. Additionally, a small amount of still wine is still produced under the Cradle Valley label and the Seven Sisters range produces gin, brandy & vermouth.
Rathfinny is working towards a diverse environment and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.