Flint Barns Transport
The Rathfinny Estate shall undertake the following:
- To ensure that the Site Warden (or deputy) will liaise at all reasonable times with users of the Flint Barns for the purposes of arranging transportation of persons and goods to and from the Flint Barns.
- A ledger will be kept by the Site Warden at all times to ensure that a record is maintained of all vehicular movements to and from the Flint Barns and to further ensure that all vehicular activity is strictly arranged by appointment only.
- The Site Warden will ensure that only pre-booked mini-bus services enter and exit the site to transport seasonal workers (both resident and non-resident) to and from the Estate and the Flint Barns except in an emergency or, exceptionally, by prior arrangement with the Site Warden through the agency representative.
- The Site Warden will ensure that at all times vehicles serving the Flint Barns will be required to park in the adjoining car parking area to ensure both strict control over the number of vehicles parked at the site at any one time and to further ensure that any visual intrusion caused by parked vehicles is minimised.
- The Site Warden will make arrangements for the delivery of food stuffs to the Flint Barns using where practicable a single distributor and to strictly limit these deliveries, which again will be made by strict appointment only, while ensuring an adequate supply of fresh food is available.
- The Site Warden will arrange for the collection of refuse from the Flint Barns as part of the wider Estate refuse collection, including if necessary internal transportation of waste to a designated collection point.
- The Site Warden will ensure that no private use of the motor car will be allowed as a means of formal access to the Flint Barns unless this has been made via prior arrangement or exceptionally in the case of an emergency.
- The Site Warden will seek to ensure that that all bookings to reserve accommodation at the Flint Barns are strictly controlled and a written record is maintained at all times. All those seeking to book accommodation at the Flint Barns will be advised by the Site Warden of the most sustainable means of access to the site including the location of the nearest main line railway stations and where a practicable option details provided on how the Flint Barns may be accessed on foot via existing public footpaths.
- The Site Warden will seek to ensure that the measures as set out in the Estate Transport Management Plan are strictly enforced at all times.
- The Estate will ensure that the measures as set out in the Estate Transport Management Plan are set out in all relevant printed literature, where available to all potential users of the Flint Barns, as well as on the Estate’s Website.
- The Estate will further seek to ensure that where a practicable option a policy of staff car sharing is adopted to minimise car movements to and from the Estate.