Closing date: 26th May 2020.
The role will be based at the Rathfinny Estate Winery in East Sussex.
Rathfinny Estate is looking to recruit an experienced production manager at a time of growth within the organisation. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in a busy production facility, and will have managed both plant and personnel, together with the experience and ability to work with and lead a team of production operators. The role is also responsible for the production of wines, ensuring quality is maintained, as well as the smooth running of all aspects of the Estate’s production process. The ideal candidate will have a proven management ability within a beverage or food production facility, experience and knowledge of HACCP and quality systems, together with the ability to work as part of a wider management structure or autonomously as required.
Knowledge and experience
- – Prior production and warehouse managerial experience
- – Planning experience
- – Understanding of stock management systems
- – Technical knowledge related to packaging and processing
- – Business skills related cost control and budgets
- – Regulatory knowledge including OH&S and food safety
- – Experience related to working with quality systems
- – Experience in negotiating and working with suppliers
- – Staff training
Attitude and abilities
- – Interested in winemaking and wine processing
- – Highly organised
- – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- – Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- – Strong problem solving skills
- – Strong attention to detail
- – Leadership skills
- – Ability to work in a team environment
- – Ability to engage and motivate others
- – Drive to achieve results
- – Flexibility and the ability to work in dynamic environment
- – Forklift operation
- – Operation of packaging and processing equipment
Operations and winemaking
Work closely with the winery team to ensure all aspects of production are carried out successfully including:
- – Production: bottling, riddling, disgorging, labelling and packaging
- – Stock control and warehousing
- – Reporting and communication
- – Housekeeping, cleaning and security
- – Staffing and personnel
- – Maintenance of systems and records
Please review the job description (click here to download) and position requirements. Then submit your current curriculum vitae and application letter addressing these position requirements to email@example.com by the closing date.
Download job description here.
Rathfinny Estate in East Sussex was founded in 2010 by husband and wife, Mark and Sarah Driver dedicated to producing some of the world’s finest sparkling wine. Once a working arable farm, the first vines were planted in 2012 and today Rathfinny comprises over 220 acres of predominantly Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier.
In addition to producing wine, the Rathfinny Wine Estate has become a popular destination for wine tourists. The RIBA nominated Winery is home to the Cellar Door where visitors can enjoy organised Vineyard tours and wine tastings, whilst the Tasting Room restaurant with its panoramic windows and large balcony overlooking the Vineyard, under the direction of Michelin-starred Head chef Chris Bailey, specialises in seasonal, modern British cuisine. The Estate also houses the Flint Barns, a wonderful ‘home from home’ accommodation which hosts sumptuous Sunday lunches, evening meals and picnics.